Sunday, October 6, 2013

September C4K Summary

colored
The first students blog I had the pleasure of commenting on was a boy that wrote about his summer vacation to New York and his trip to a huge Toys R' Us. He and his father went into the store prior to going to go see The Lion King on Broadway. His post was very detailed and well written for an elementary student. I commented and praised him for his post and that I was slightly jealous of his family vacation.

The second students blog I read was probably my favorite of the month simple because I love music. The young lady expressed her passion for music and writing her own music. While I don't write music, I was in band for 9 years. I encouraged her to follow her dreams because there are so many opportunities for young musicians. I thought it was great that she has a positive way to express herself. I could tell through her post that she was excited to share her idea of music. She genuinely understands and appreciates all aspects of music. I hope she continues to write music and follow her dreams that hopefully include her passion, music.

The third students blog I read was a girl who made a video of how they used hexagonal learning in the classroom. I was so intrigued because I had no idea what hexagonal learning was.she and a classmate created a poster describing how to use a math method with hexagonal learning. It was simple and neat. After watching her post, I decided to look up some ways to use hexagonal learning. It's important to use different methods of learning with students and I thought this was a very unique method.

The last post I read was by Kevin in Mrs. Ripps class. She had given them an assignment to solve two brain teasers without speaking aloud. This assignment was in reference to a book titled "Out Of My Mind" by Sharon Draper. The main character of the story has cerebral palsy and can't speak. Kevin's post expressed that it was frustrating to not be able to speak and got your point across. I applaud Mrs. Ripp for the assignment. It's important for kids to value the small things they don't normally appreciate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    I really like the C4K assignments. It gives us a glimpse of what to look forward too!

    I noticed a few spelling and capitalization errors:

    3rd C4K, third sentence: She needs to be capitalized.

    Last C4K, 5th sentence: got should be get.

    Other than that, nice job.





    ReplyDelete